Technology is changing the way people perceive the world. I find the way people interact with technology fascinating. With a background in software engineering, psychology, history and science I see an exciting and challenging future ahead.
I love working with teams and I’m an innovator. I enjoy talking ideas and have the depth of experience and skills to make them happen. My main areas of interest are artificial intelligence and virtual reality.
I am experienced leader, product manager, speaker, software architect and engineer. I have worked in a mixture of small and large companies, primarily with Technology One, one of Australia’s leading ISVs.
Software technologies I currently work with are cloud services, mobile, social media, enterprise collaboration platforms and wikis.
If we want a bright and positive future, lets build it together!
Specialties: Executive Leadership and Supervision, Team Building, Strategic Planning and Pricing, Product Vision and Mission, Startup, Turnaround, Crisis and Change Management, Mobile Application Development, Software Development Lifecycle, Accomplished Presenter and Communicator, Enterprise Software Architect
User Experience, Software Frameworks, ERP Software, Agile Methodologies, Virtual Reality, iPad Education,Coop Business Model,Wiki,Changing Lives
– Present (10 months)Brisbane, Australia
I lead a passionate team of parents, software developers and educators who believe technology can make the world a better place.
We create humane technology that empowers and inspires.
– (2 years 9 months)Brisbane Area, Australia
– Leading a team of DevOps engineers in automating the deployment and management of TechnologyOne’s software to our corporate systems and cloud customers
– Designing the automation flows required to ensure 24 x 7 operation
– Researching products and technologies to make a real difference in the deployment and performance of TechnologyOne’s cloud platform, taking advantage of economies of scale
– Working with the R&D, Enterprise App Store and Cloud Operations teams to present TechnologyOne’s products in the fastest, most available and most cost effective environment in existence.
– (2 years 7 months)Brisbane Area, Australia
– Formulating and realising the vision and strategy for enterprise mobile across the TechnologyOne product suite.
– Leading the engagement with our key stakeholders, including the Executive, Sales and Marketing, Product Owners, Solutions and Service Delivery groups to ensure that TechnologyOne remains a leader in delivering on mobile platforms.
– Driving our Research & Development team to deliver the best mobile solutions, in order to increase revenue, customer references and our market leading position.
– Working with customers, sales and Marketing to communicate TechnologyOne’s vision and strategy for cloud computing.
– (1 year 8 months)Brisbane, Australia
– R&D Manager of TechnologyOne Mobile Solutions team as founder, coach, leader and visionary.
– Led the development team in the creation and support of 8 mobile products, including 4 for the iOS platform
– Developed brand strategy, pricing, sales tools (such as ROI calculators, presentations, brochures and web content) and implementation processes.
– Negotiated and purchased the IP for a 3rd party product that was then incorporated into iCouncil
– Proposed and ran a trial for “Innovation Time” for the team
– Ran a booth at the user conference and presented to an audience of over 1000 people
– (4 years)
Principal Architect of the New Technologies division.
– Software design using innovative new techniques such as Interaction Design and storyboarding
– Learning and prototyping new ui software platforms (eg Flash, Silverlight, jQuery)
– Managing small agile development teams that implement new frameworks
– Worked with a small offshore development team in Bali
– Provide code reviews and software QA
– (6 years)
– Responsible for the architecture of ci, an ambitious n-tier smartclient framework
– Lead the development team in implementation of ci
– Provide high level designs for most features of the framework
– Manage support for all the ADF frameworks
– Providing high level presentations for presales and existing customers
– Assist product teams in migration to the ci
– Developing training material for ci
– (4 years)
Architected and subsequently managed the Application Development Framework team.
This team created ADF1-5.
– Responsible for the architecture of the ADF, a rich product development framework based on VB6
– Provide high level designs and facilitate executive review
– Manage the development team